EFQM Diagnostic Tool: RADAR
• Better manage its current way of working
• Diagnose its current strengths and opportunities for improvement.
At its highest level, the RADAR logic states that an organisation needs to:
• Determine the Results it is aiming to achieve as part of its strategy
• Have in place a number of Approaches that will deliver the required results, both now and in the future
• Deploy these approaxhes appropriately
Assess and Refine the deployed approaches to learn and improve.To help deliver a more robust analysis, the RADAR elements are broken down into a number of Attributes and with each Attribute there is an associated description that expands upon what is meant and what the organisation should be able to clearly demonstrate.
An individual or a team can use the RADAR logic at the Attribute level, in conjunction with the EFQM Model:
• to help identify where an organisation’s current strengths and opportunities for improvement exist
• to help an organisation describe its future in terms of the desired results and the necessary actions that need to be taken to achieve those desired results.
Prof. Dr. Jakob Kübarsepp, Vice-Rector of Academic Affairs, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia
The workshop gave me a very good understanding about Excellence in Education. I liked to work with the case study. This was one of the best trainings I have participated during the last years.
Dr. Khamis Al Kulaibi, Director for Training, Institute of Public Administration (IPA), Muscat, OM
The training was very beneficial for me. I learned during the three-day Assessor Training about Excellence and how I can conduct an assessment in an organization based on best practice standards. All leaders in government organizations should have knowledge about the EFQM Excellence Framework and should take actions to follow the best practice standards in their organizations. We would then be able to make improvements more quickly in all areas of government services, helping to bring our country forward.
Dr. Ziad Salameh, D.D.S., D.E.S.P., Researcher and Specialist in Prosthodontics, King Saud University, Riyadh, KSA
I strongly recommend the EFQM Training, conducted by the Institute for Total Quality Management. The training was very informative, solid, and showed the road to Excellence.